1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 2650 NO START... except

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by alternative, Nov 24, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

This newer snowblower will only start if i spray either (start fluid in the carb throat. 2cyl. 21" (was stored properly in spring) I just replaced the fuel filter, and spark plug for the heck of it. Still no start. So i took off the carb bowl, cleaned and replaced, Still no start.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is the fuel turned on? Spark? is it flooded?
    Starting fluid is very hard on 2 cycles as it does not have enough lubrication for the 2 cycle engines, if you try to keep it running on the stuff you will damage the cylinder walls and bearings.
    I would never use any starting fluid on any 2 cycle engine.IMO:waving:

3. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Fuel is on.... sparkk is good... just wont start.. ????? now i broke the float in the bowl. I have had nothing but trouble with these TOROs.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It doesn't sound like your having any luck!!::cry:
    When you take the spark plug out what does it look like? Is it wet?
    What color is it?

5. 68gts

68gts Junior Member

dont use either to start a 2 stroke!!,2 strokes need lubrication. use wd40,very flammable and will lube the cylinder walls:)