1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toro 2450 vs toro 221 single stage blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joed, Sep 16, 2009.

1. joed

joed Member

What's the difference between these two models. Engines seem the same. The 2450 is only $549 Cdn while the 221 starts at over $700.
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Get cheaper ones hispanics and hauling them around they get crap beat out of them.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looked at a 221 today only because I was at Home Depot.
    The 221 has that fancy blue handle to move the shoot side to side. It is 1" bigger and had electric start. It was $900. I bought a 2450 2 weeks ago for $549. Now I have 3 of them, they are great.
  4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Buy the best! you'll retain employees and reduce time on the job!
  5. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

The 221 has some type of power drive system. The 2450 just pulls itself forward with the propeller.
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Love my 2450. As cet mentions the 221 is 1" wider and has electric start. The fancy blue chute thingy is kind of a joke IMO and I can't see it working as designed when it starts to get iced up. Just as quick to grab the handle and manually adjust the chute.
  7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I have a couple of Toro's 24" "paddle version", very impressed with its performance for such a small machine and clearing ability, loud though.
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Bought one of the 221's last winter. Awsome machine. It has the blue damn it on the up - down chute deflector, not the chute rotator( they said that one freezes up with ice and won't operate). It really is self propelled with no tilting or effort.