1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 2450 snowblower problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mmacsek, Dec 19, 2013.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

I purchased the above snowblower used and put new paddles,scraper and belt on. I purchased on Ebay and was suppossed to be Toro OEM parts. The paddles don't touch the ground so there isn't any self propelled but does throw the snow but not as good as our Toro 221. These blowers are simple and I must be having a slow moment because I can't figure this out. The only thing I'm coming up with I received the wrong paddles. Any thoughts?? Thanks Matt
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What do you mean, they don't touch the ground? You know you have to tip it forward right?
  3. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

Actually no. I have another blower a Toro 221 and I didn't have to do that. I will try that. Guess I showed every one my ignorance. Thanks for the reply. Matt
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

With a new scraper the paddles won't fully touch the ground.
  5. mmacsek

mmacsek Junior Member

Thanks Matt