1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 2-Cycle Engines Are No Longer Suzuki?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CarlosT, Oct 2, 2003.

1. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

I read a lot of posts about the single stage Toros and how awesome the Suzuki motors are but I don't think that the current Toros are Suzuki powered. The R-Tek motor is Toro's own?

2. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

So can anyone confirm this?

3. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

Wow! You dudes were a lot of help. I wound up doing my own research. Y'all suck...really you do :D ;)

The venerable Suzuki Toros are no more. The CCR3000 was the last one. The R*Tek motor is not a Suzuki motor and obviously not as good. I'm sure that it's decent and my local Toro service center tells me that there have been no horror stories with the R*Tek motors.

4. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

This is very old news.

They have been Duraforce/R-Tek on the blowers for over 3 yrs.

If you want a Suzuki you have to buy a Proline 21".

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Sorry if everyone disapointed you. I figured you had found what you were looking for using the search button. The toros are all great machines. I use their push mowers, snow blowers, greensmowers/tee mowers, fairway mowers, sand pros, and dingos. Strong products that you cant beat.

Jay

6. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

Lawn mower?

7. CarlosT

CarlosT Junior Member
    from PA

Jay:
    Not disappointed at all. I really dig this site. It's obviously plow oriented but I got a lot of knowledge from it.

I did use the search function but it's sometimes hard to tell if folks are talking about current Toros or their old ones. I was really hoping to hear that R*Tek were really Suzukis. Since the R*Teks have been out for a few years now, have they been decent motors? I guess R*Tek and Duraforce are the same thing?

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

The Proline 21" is a commercial lawn mower yes.

I have two Toro Snow blowers one is older and one was bought last year and has the R*Tek. I love it great machine, very durable.

Jay