1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tornado Watches?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Young Pup, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Well, instead of winter storm watch, we are under a tornado watch. Wow is all I can say. How about any of you other guys out there? Any problems with tornado's?
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Had one within about 10 miles of me yesterday. There was about 12 total between IL and WI. It went right over one of my friends grandparents house in southern, wi.
  3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like some close calls over and up there.
  4. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

We had watches last night also. Had some pretty severe hail for about fifteen minutes than nothing more than thunderstorms after that. I don't like that kind of weather when we're supposed to have it, definately don't like it in January!!
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Read my thread a few down from this one.......
  6. cornerstone

cornerstone Member

Natures hoover

Down here we use tornados to clean up all the beer cans and spit cups people toss out the window. We were up in the 70's a couple days ago and going into the mid 50's today. I pulled the spreader out of the dually to haul the lawn mower. Crazy weather.