1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tornado issue #3

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Jan 1, 2010.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

got another 3 tons through spreader before the spinner motor separated the windings from the shaft. just a couple pics of the new motor ready to go in...pretty easy fix but frustrating

spinner motor1.JPG

spinner motor2.JPG

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At this rate, DD is in big trouble. QC seems to be non-existent.......

3. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

What kind of dealer support are you getting? That sucks considering we have only gotten to salt around here. I did see some lots plowed in St.Charles.

4. xtreem3d

midwest had the replacement motor so i ran down and picked it up no questions asked, was happy about that and the fact they had it. they offered to repair it but it was supposed to snow the next day and i already had it apart. i do some apartments in florissant and half the lots up there needed plowing but as you came back down the hwy it eased up. did you get much work out of the storm?
    steve

5. Showmestaterida

Only salting, It was a nice Christmas gift. I'll take it. My triggers are 2". St. Charles area was the most with about 1.5". The rest of mine were like 1" or less, from west to east. I take it you have 1" triggers. Salted 2x this year. Thats it. Were did you buy bulk from? What did they have to say about all the problems you had?

6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have said it (3) times now it is a POS!!!!!! Most Western products follow the same sentiment POS.

7. xtreem3d

i have some accounts but not all that i would list as zero tolerance so i am out quite a bit. i bought salt last year from Lange Stegman and Gunther and had it left over from the poor winter last year.. as far as the problems they just say sorry. after using the salter a few times i'm just not sure i would buy another and not totally because of the 3 issues i have had but some other things that are nagging me about it. this is the first peice of western equip. i have owned
    steve

8. Showmestaterida

what else would you say about it?