1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tornado inverted V

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Hysert, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

So I was visiting my buddy and western dealer and he had a tornado there and was installing the inverted V kit. He began to tell me that he would not sell one without anymore? Apperantly he ran a test on a unit with the kit and one without, too see what the ampridge draw differance would be at start up? Between the two spreaders the one with the kit drew 30 amps less at start up... over the past three yrs of running mine ive had 1 event were I had to shovel the salt around cause it packed in and on a few occurances ive had to restart the unit a few times to get it to run. So after getting the price of these kits $270 +13% tax I thought f that I make my own... yes the kit is stainless but im pritty good at keeping my stuff clean so I went steal. Had some plate bent to 5X5 @ 90 degrees and some 1.1/4 angle for the uprite mounts. Cost me $120 for both my spreaders that alot better then $600+. I will update with any issues...
  2. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Send us some pictures when you have time . Thanks Robert

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

maybe the case for you but I have one in my poly caster and its a pain because the salt/sand mix we run basically bridges and it tells you its out but then you touch the brakes and more falls down. or you have to go poke it. The tornado I have doesnt have one and it works better spreading sand.
  4. Hysert

here is a pic.

5. Hysert

Midtown thanks good to know. I dont run sand so maybe this mite be the difference but dont know... guess we'll just wait and see how it works??? that is if we get winter here