1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Torn Between 2001 GM/GMC 1500 or F150

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MetroBoston, Jan 26, 2011.

1. MetroBoston

MetroBoston Junior Member

Hi Folks,
    I need some feed back I'm in the market for a 4x4 Reg. Cab 6' bed work truck with plow package. Plow to be added later. I don’t care for the extras like power windows and Cd players. I'm interested in the 2011Sierra/ Silverado and 2011 F150
    Any input will be appreciated. Thank you

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Take each for a test drive and pick the one you like best. Personally I would go with GM. I will say that my brother just got a new F150 for work and it is a nice truck. I want to see how it holds up compared to the Sierra he had, living a life of field roads all day long.

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

choose which ever one suits you better. some like ford some like gm. theres not too much of a difference

4. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Holy Christ here we go again ;)

ONLY you can make this decision. Talk to your girl/wife and decide. Simple really :)

I can sum up the rest of the thread for you.....all the Ford guys will say Ford and all the GM guys will say Chevy. Some will be nice and say both are good. Does this help any? :laughing:

5. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

Look at the frame on the 2011 chevys... if you do any serious towing/plowing it might just be worth the stronger framed truck... they are already bragging about the only front-end carry over part on the '11 trucks is the sway bar connecting bolt... I think GM is finally starting to build trucks people want -tough as a semi yet can pull decent fuel mileage.

6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

For what its worth I would recommend the following.
    Get the power windows if your in bad storm you can easily clear the window every few minutes or whatever. The auto start works good while your still tying your boots and waitin on the coffee.
    To get these w/Chevy you need to get the LT model. Get weathertech mat-preferably the one that is one piece across the whole front and you won't have any water accumulating on the carpet. The time it saves cleaning the truck- they pay for themselves. If your plowing for 6 month income consider the 2500HD, the front end and especially the bearing are stronger. I wish my 2500HD had a 5.3 or a 4.6 plenty of towing power for flat 35mph suburban lawn cutting.

8. MetroBoston

MetroBoston Junior Member

Thank You

Hi folks thank you for your valuable input.

Regards