1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

top cap for e60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hirschy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. hirschy

hirschy Junior Member

I just severly cracked the top cap for my e60. I see that they are around 60 bucks online, and had been replace oem which was around 42 bucks. Before I purcuase one are there different diameters and are they ez to replace? email knowledgable and helpfull info to hirschb@morrisville.edu
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

ez to get. ez to replace. undo the 3 1/2" nuts and take it off. try not to drop pieces into the bottom. there is one on ebay now for $17+ shipping
  3. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

There was an update to put a larger ram in the E60 and lower the pressure to solve the top cap breaking problem. Even if you don't do this, at the very least make sure the pressure is not above 2500psi. With the bigger ram the pressure is set at 2000psi. You can get part numbers and info here... http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-663%20R12.pdf
  4. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I don't have any psi gauges. so the way I set the pressure relief, is to have a guy sit on the plow (about 200 lbs) and turn it up just enough to lift it at "normal speed".