1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Top 5 brands and types of plows you see most in your area

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mikeplowman, Feb 25, 2012.

1. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

As you are driving around doing your route, what type of plows do you see mostoften (straight / v-plow)? Also what are the top 5 main brand names you see the most?:popcorn:

In my area:

TOP 5
    1. Western
    2. Boss
    3. Meyer
    4. Sno-way
    5. Hiniker

1. Straight (85%-90%)
    2. V-plow (10%-15%)
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've never seen so many bored snow plowers. These "lack of snow" threads are just getting silly.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Around here it's probably a tie for Boss and Western then Leo, Hiniker, Blizzard. Probably around the same percentages as you for V vs Straight

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Over here Western, Blizzard and Leo straight blades.
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher, boss, western, blizzard, and for some odd reason snow dogg seems to be popping up all over. My guess is because they're cheap. Not sure on the split between vee and straight but the vee's and xls's(blizzards) numbers are steadily growing.
  6. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

Top 5

75% HT's
    20% Xtreme V's
    5% V-XT's

Live in small town where everyone and their brother thinks they need a plow even for just their own driveway. Most commercial guys use Fisher V's, maybe 5 boss plows.
  7. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The mix is similar here. But I don't see many HTs. Maybe two or three?
  9. procut

procut Senior Member

Mostly Boss around here. You see quite a few Vee plows of all differant makes. I'd say 60% straight 40% Vee.

1. Boss
    2. Western
    3. Meyer
    4. Curtis
    5. Blizzard
  10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

1. Fisher
    2. Fisher
    3. Fisher
    4. Fisher
    5. Curtis

Only seen a Boss here once or twice...and not a lot of Curtis plows for living less than 25 miles from where they are based. Only seen Western's on Craigslist and theres one Blizzard 7600LT in town.

For the Fisher mix, its mostly HDs, one or 2 Stainless Vs, a couple X-Blades, and as far as I know we have one of the 2 HTs in town.
  11. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

1. Fisher
    2. Meyer/Diamond
    3. Boss

Fisher and Meyer/Diamond plows have been around here for a long time, they were the only choice we had for many years. Boss is still fairly new but increasing each season an Boss is the most expensive of the three.

As far as blades go,

1. Straight - Mostly owned by one man operations
    2. V's - mostly owned by contractors
    3. Expandables - I've only seen two, one is a XLS and the other is a pre DD Blizzard that I don't think see's much plowing (personal use).
  12. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I have noticed a lot of snow dog v plows this year what's up with that? Price? Are they a good product?
  13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

1. Fisher
    2. The Boss
    3. Snow Dogg
    4. Meyer
    5. Blizzard

It's mostly Fishers in my are and there is some Boss plows, Snow Doggs are becoming popular hear to. Most people have strait blades and some have V plows.
  14. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

1. Boss
    2. Meyer
    3. Fisher
    4. Snowdog
    5. Western
    it's a mix of straight and V everyone and there brother has a plow.

I love my Z
  15. awgolasplowing

awgolasplowing Member

1. fisher by a land slide
    2. boss
    3. curtis
    4. snow dogg
    5. blizzard

seeing alot more V plows lately about 30% of them are V's, seen a couple of expandables. most of them are straight blades.
  16. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

it seems like fisher plows are more of a East coast plow, with some sprinkled here and there
  17. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

2) boss
    3) snowman snow plow
    4) coats
    5) curtis

Vplows 80%
    straight 19%
    expandables Wideout 1%
    20 years back Vplows would be like 2-3% straight would 97%
  18. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member