1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Top 4 Problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tony Bonventre, Jan 1, 2012.

Which of the following is most detrimental to business

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Uneducated Property owners/managers

2. Tort law (Slip and Falls)

3. Ice in a seasonal contract

0 vote(s)
  4. The price of snow removal falling off

5. Don't Care

1. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

1. Customers Lack of Snow Knowledge
    2. Personal Injury Suits
    3. declining income and rising costs
    4. Ice Storms and Seasonal Accounts

Did I mention Customers lack of Knowledge

Which effects you the most????
  2. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I'd pick 2 of those.

Item 2 rephrased as rising insurance premiums. I got called in to fill out a form the other day that wreaked of a pending increase. I filled out the checkboxes and went home that night and wrote 2 pages of elaboration and submitted a bunch of ice management calcs for different sites that I had prepared for my own use to hopefully give them some comfort. Round here, I've heard others giving ridiculous reports about their premiums.

Item 4 I think Ice management will tend to dominate the bulk of winter service activities in my area now and for many years to come. You'd better not be subbing it out.

I have no seasonal accounts so I don't mind.

I just got done invoices for Dec. I was out plowing 4 times here for 12 inches of total snowfall and another 5 rounds for ice management.

The ice is always a more intense event for me but I love it.
  3. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

I agree, the trend seems to be more ice management less snow. The problem i am finding is most large Commercial contracts don't want to hear about the Ice.