1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toorsion bar adjustment

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jlb2500hd, Nov 20, 2005.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I have an '04 2500hd and i want to have the torsion bar turned up, i would like to level the front end with the back, i know i will need an alignment, i was wondering if there are any drawbacks lifting the front end that much. Thank you for any advice you can give.
  2. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Search, your first source of info

The best advise I can give to any new user is to "use the search feature FIRST!"
    Sometimes the question is very specific, so a new question must be asked, but you will find more information faster, by doing a search of posts already made.
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

4. Hey I will answer your question

YOu can go up SOME without an allighmnet. I raised my truck about 1.5-2" above stock. (when empty the front now sits slightly higher than the back). It was about 6 turns on the bars i think. I took it in for an allignment and boom.........it was perfectlly allighned. I have heard that if you go over 7 turns you should get an allignment, but i dont know how true that is.
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL