1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tools needed to change motor on mm2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Feb 1, 2011.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

My 9ft x blade needs a new motor. It is whining and getting real slow. What tools do i need to change it? Easy job to do?

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Electric motor

The motor is very easy to change, disconnect the wiring from the terminals on the motor, it's a 1/2" or 9/16" wrench needed here, then there are two long hex head bolts that run from the top of the motor down through the motor into the valve block (3/8" I think) then remove the motor and install the new one. Make sure it's the motor and not a pump/fluid issue.

3. ElberyLandscape

ElberyLandscape Junior Member
    from MA

I agree you may just need to change the fluid and clean the filter. If its slow and making odd noises then thats most likely all it is.

4. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I changed the filter/fluid first. I called my dealer Donovans and they said it could be the pump or the motor. When i bought the plow the guy put a new motor/harness on it so it may be the pump. Crapped out on me so i short chained it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Ended up being the bushing. When previous owner put a new motor on he didn't do the bushing also. New bushing and new motor and i was good to go.

6. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

What did they get you for the motor?

7. gtmustang00

from Berlin

151... and 4 dollars for the bushing lol.

8. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Bushing come out easy? My motor whines a little at 1st then gets better as it warms up, i'm looking to get a spare, was that a fisher motor?.The last time i went to donovan i was there for 3 hrs looking around.LOL

9. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Haha. Nobody around had the bushing. I ended up at J.C. Madigan for both parts.