1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ToolCat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rnblase, Oct 23, 2008.

1. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Can a Toolcat handle an 8 foot box plow?

Thank You
    Rick

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  3. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Do you think a Toolcat could push an 8 foot box plow full of wet snow?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, guys run 8611lp's on them , ask Mark O.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Who?

Actually I have an 810SS on mine, should've had the 8611.

WMHLC runs a 10' pusher on his. But I wouldn't hesitate with a 12' with proper ballast and a good operator. I never ran out of traction or power with mine. Did run out of plow though, that's why the higher moldboard of the 8611 would have come in handy.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry you have an 810 but you always say you should have got an 8611. I did say to ask you.:drinkup:

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

No apologies, because you are correct, that's what I say and it could handle with no problem whatsoever.

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Well, he used to at least. We bought it from him earlier this month. We are outfitting it as we speak. I think they are underestimated on their capabilities. The dealer claims they are not "Rated" for many things, such as a 96" blower, but they can give no logical explanation of why. We'll see what it can handle.

I love the maneuverability, and how compact they are in tight spaces. I am excited to get here off and running. Stay tuned.

Jon

9. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Thank You guys for the help.
    Rick