1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ToolCat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snide925, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Snide925

Snide925 Junior Member

We are thinking of getting a Bobcat - ToolCat. Anybody out there have a blade on one, how does it push?

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have one and love it.

7 ft blade
    6 ft blower
    snow bucket
    ice scaper

its fantastic. just wish i had power bobtach....but we will fix that problem in the spring.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Awesome machine. Blizzard 810SS plow, wish I would have bought the 8611SS.

4. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Line the box in the back we have 2 love them just wish we had put a bed liner in to start.

5. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

They are amazing for parking lots. We have one with two different V-blades, one for sidewalks, buckets, and a snowblower.

The turning radius is great, and the cab is wonderful for visibility and comfort.

The machine is great for pushing, and the boom allows you to push it higher and much farther than a skidsteer or pickup.

If you are driving around to different sites in it, it's quicker than a skidsteer too.

6. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a 6' blower, 6' bucket, 7' western and 10' pusher for mine.

7. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

They work awsome. Will plow circles around a truck in a smaller lot or confined spaces.

toolcat1.JPG

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow thats a sweet pic....does any1 else have more pics of these tool-cats plowing snow?

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

that looks really nice, i would love to get one some day and use it for walks/ loading docks.

10. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

We just got one at work for this winter..... looks really cool. The only downside is their not street legal, and I don't think they will classify as a tractor.

11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

dr lawn
    please any input on the hinker plow? hows it holding up, would you buy it again? I am thinking of buying one for a truck for driveways to save some time over just a stander plow. Any input?

12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks. i see a lot of folks in ny with SMV plackards on Yamaha Rhino's and similar things and dont see why a Tool cat wouldnt qualify to be transported from job to job?

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

They're not? Laws must be different in MN?

Mine is street legal, we drove it all over the place last winter. I did get the road lighting\equipment (mirrors, turn signals, brake lights) package which you should be able to add, but other than that why wouldn't it be?

14. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Hinker plow (fox) was the only way to go for us on this machine. The versitility of the toolcat with the ability to get up close to driveways and loading docks and back drag with the plow is a winning combo. We are servicing several HOA'S with up to 60 small driveways in each property as well as our local Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Home Depot, and other big box stores, and have had zero problems with the plow. Hope this helps.:salute:

15. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

the company i sub for could use one in the worst way my boss keeps talking about buying one. allot of the guys around here have them and love them.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just sat in one for the first time last week. It was really nice.