1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toolcat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rgjlawn, Dec 18, 2004.

1. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

anyone plowed with toolcat?

2. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Just took delivery on my new Toolcat last thursday. It has not snowed since Tuesday so I have not actually plowed with it yet. I'm planning on adding a Blower in the very near future. here is a picture...

Copy of Toolcat.JPG

3. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Now THAT looks like BIG fun! purplebou Debi

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Cool new toy, Have fun with it.

5. snow white

snow white Member

i have had one for a year and a bit they plow nice i find the blade on the front a little better than the bucket, the blower also works great, i have an in box salt spreader in the rear. keep a jug diesel with you as the tank is really small..

6. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

snow white,

The new model is supposed to have a bigger fuel tank. I was told that at full throttle it would burn a gallon to a gallon and a half an hour. Has this been your experience? My big CAT only burns about 8 to 9 gallons in a 12 hour period but it is much slower on the hills. I'm going to add a "tender" tank to one of the plow trucks just to be safe. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

7. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

how does it do on small driveways? How is the power? Our 5600 is 56hp turbo with 20 gallon fuel tank. :gunsfiring:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  8. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

rgjlawn,
    I'm assuming your question is directed at me. I have not been able to plow with it yet. It is turbo and two speed with the 20 gallon tank like yours. I would really like to get the blower unit. I'm still doing research on the three different outfits that say they are Erskine. The Toolcat comes with the 7 pin plug and not the 14 pin. I have gotten conflicting information about being able to adapt from 7 to 14 pins.

9. snow white

snow white Member

mine toolcat only holds about 5 gallons it is 04 model not the turbo,the 7 pin adapter is on mine i have the bobcat blower which i beleive is erskine really...older bobcats had the 14 pin connectors on them 2002 and older.if you buy a 14 pin hookup order a 7 pin harness from bobcat and you can wire it on i have.

10. snow white

snow white Member

about a gallon to gallon and half per hour

11. snow white

snow white Member

tires

i found regular pick up snow tires to be better than the factory for snow

12. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

what size did you use?

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I like Bungartz better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Steering wheel is interchangable... can use in the front or back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. snow white

snow white Member

tires

i put 225/75/15...........but 235 / 75 /15 would probaly work to

16. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

i put on 235/75/15 :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: new tires not in this pic.

100_0550_0001.JPG

17. hesko1

hesko1 Member

Snow White

What is the deepest snow that you have pushed so far? I've been considering a toolcat for my sons to start plowing with.

18. plows4city

plows4city Junior Member
    from Idaho

tool cat

I plowed 20in storm with are tool cat it was hard because I dident have any weight and I was training a guy that had not ever plowed snow before. I reccomend puting some weight in the back and some snow tires.

19. plows4city

plows4city Junior Member
    from Idaho

tool cat

Does any one know about the snow wolf tires?

20. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

i had snow wolf tires sent to me for toolcat they sent me 215 75 15 on there rims would not work so we sent them back. i just put on 235/75/15 on toolcay rims these will work great. snow wolf has LT750/16 for skid loaders we have them for our 300 bobcat and they work great.