1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ToolCat w/ SwingWing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jon Geer, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You really think that toolcat will have enough power?

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

By power what do you mean? I believe that it will perform just fine. The ratings on the machine do not suggest that it would not be able to handle such pulling or pushing power.

Jon

4. coral

coral Senior Member

that looks very nice, did you buy the blade, or do you make your own? still use a secondary motor for the plow or is there someway to run it off a pto?

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I built the entire project myself (extra hands were involved for the heavy lifting). The plows run off the ToolCats hydraulics, no pony motor or electric over hydraulic on this one.

Thanks,

Jon

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

can't wait to see a vid in the snow!

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Soon, very soon little shaver.
    :nod::rolleyes:ussmileyflag
    Thanks.

Jon

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

that thing would be a driveway plowing fool. wesport

9. coral

coral Senior Member

it looks like it has an amazing turn radius, i cant wait for snow pics, we were working in holland this week, off lake macatawa, monday we got over 8" and yesterday at least 6" more, snow is getting close

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

By power-I meant enough HP to push/pull a significant accumulation. Looks awesome BTW. Time to put that plow of yours into full production Jon.

11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

That's the plan Stan.

Jonpayup

12. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Boring !!!!!!!

13. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I am sure it is boring, but here are a couple of pics of the near completed unit.

Enjoy.

Jon

14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Forgot the pics.

Sorry.

P1050795.jpg

P1050798.jpg

P1050799.jpg

P1050802.jpg

P1050807.jpg

15. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Here's a couple more.

Jon

P1050797.jpg

P1050793.jpg

P1050742.jpg

P1050740.jpg

P1050747.jpg

16. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

That thing looks awsome !!! If I had that my condo job would have been a breeze. Are all three edged rubber ? I have always wanted a rear plow but the need to spread salt has won that battle every year:cry: Agan that is a cool looking set up !!!
    , shaun

17. coral

coral Senior Member

have you used the toocat with the blower yet? just curious how fast you can run the blower? or do you plan to run with it up? and just move the piles you pull?

18. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

This setup would work great in a condo situation. You can set up a salt spreader to be used in conjunction with a rear plow. All 3 edges are poly.

Just got the blower on Friday, and we have yet to get snow to use it in. You can run the blower full throttle, slows travel a little bit, but I believe it will do fine.

I hope to use it all soon. Stay tuned.

Jon

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow looks great, please let us kno how it does!:waving: Any snow to push yet?

20. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen the rear plows with a spreader ( you know the '' snowguy'' plow) but a 7' never really interested me. I have an 07 f-350 w/a 4'' lift can a swing wing work w/my truck? Are all of the plows custom made? how wide do they run? This has caught my attenton !!! I am probably set for this season as it is already strarted but any info would be greatly appreciated !!! Send me a PM or what ever, thanks !!! ,shaun