1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat vs 3650

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by minakibob, Dec 3, 2013.

1. minakibob

minakibob Junior Member

We are looking to add a Bobcat toolcat or 3650 to our fleet. We presently have 2 S185's with angle brooms, blowers and blades. The 3650 utility vehicle is $25 000 less than the toolcat but is not compatible to our existing attatchments. does anyone have experience with these machines? Is the power difference worth the $25 000.
    Thx :help:
  2. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

What will you be doing with them? I do not have experience with a 3650 but do have a toolcat. They are great for snow in alot of functions. They do break a fair amount and have there issues though.
    For walks and such it looks like a 3650 could do alot of what a toolcat can but for actual plowing I don't see it working well. You can check my picture thread for toolcat pictures while working. under ryde307s picture thread.
    Also search toolcat and you will get alot of info.
  3. minakibob

minakibob Junior Member

We will be running snow blowers and angle brooms. My biggest concern is the 3650's ability to throw snow. Wondering if the distance they are able to throw the snow and the amount they can move is considerably less than the Toolcat.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I demo'd one and really liked it... but its a DOG to get up to speed, like literally 2 minutes later... but other then that I really liked it... PTO has a stupid amount of power, the one I tried had a broom and I was peeling up pavement with the thing and it didn't even bogg
  5. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

You cannot have to much power or options.

Going with toolcat will allow you to use attachments interchangeably, in the event of operational problems that is a good thing. Do you have work for the machine in the off season with my toolcat I can sweep or run the mower giving it the thumbs up for versatility. Are you considering new or used?
  6. minakibob

minakibob Junior Member

We do have work for it in the off season. We have priced out used but noticed the prices do not fall very fast. I guess that is a good thing. Thanks for the help.:salute:
  7. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

How do you get your equipment around the city, one of the guys who works with me told me about seeing two 185's on trailer come into hotel parking lot unload then reload and move on, that would add some time to the job.
  8. Triple L

from Canada

You can sweep and finish mow with the 3650 as well, it has 5 or 6 different attachments
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I bet you would make up a good chunk of the $25k price difference when buying new attachments for a 3650.
  10. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

correct me if im wrong but the the toolcat doesnt use the same attachments as the s-185's you own now...I was told all 3 unit's has different size attachments. different hydro requirements too
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, but you can't load the Ultimate Dump Trailer with a 3650. :laughing:

You were told wrong. The only difference might be High Flow.

Whoever told you that is a maroon.
  12. Triple L

from Canada

Haha sure it can mark, drive in using the ultimate ramp, the 3650 actually lifts quite high

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I have a new 3650. I have two. I'm selling one. With broom. Has every thing can order on it. $30,000.00