1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Red_Rattler, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

So who uses what and what works best? We have dirt tires on it at the moment and the boss wants to try turf tires this winter and I think they will be not the best but I'm just guessing. Anyone used turf tires for snow? What else does everyone else use and experiences (links or specific name will help) has anyone put LT tires on and what size and how much sidewall flex was there?

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

My buddy put some trailer tires on his. He said they are alright they can handle most loads and the tread wear is not great. I am not sure of the size or brand tire.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Turf tires are the worst for snow, the treads fill up and you might as well be running slicks.

I ran Cooper M&S on mine, before I sold it. I was going to throw them in with the sale, but forgot.

If you're interested, let me know. I'll make you a deal. I can get pictures of them too, we only ran them in the winter, so there is quite a bit of tread left.

4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I run standard all terrain truck tires on mine. Work great.