1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat Stereo/Welding Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by timm9, Oct 23, 2007.

1. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I currently have two (2) “B” series Toolcats. One has the factory installed Stereo/CD, and one has nothing. I’m moving the stereo/CD out of my unit and installing it in the other unit for one of my Drivers. I ordered the install kit from Bobcat and have the headliners out of both units for the swap. Upon removing the stereo and headliner from the factory installed unit I have discovered that there are two (2) additional (and not provided) brackets that are welded to the ceiling of the Toolcat that are holding the center headliner’s weight from the stereo. One is just aft of the stereo, the other is just forward of the dome light. The brackets are not an issue as I have already fabricated them. I have two questions;

1) Being a little “gun shy” of my drive & console CPU’s, is there any additional precautions I should take other than a battery disconnect before welding the brackets up?
    2) If anyone else has done this already, any suggestions on where to get the best ground for my MIG? I would prefer not grinding a “ton” of paint off just to do two little bracket that won’t hold much weight.

As always, any help, suggestions, guidance would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I figure that some may ask “why swap” instead of install only. The stereo going into my unit has a USB port so I can slip in a 2 gig memory stick loaded with Mp3’s to avoid the “skips’ on the CD!

Tim

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i recieved a install kit for mine the other day but they sent the wrong one but it did'nt have any brackets????

as far as the welding, NO PROB. we weld on trucks all the time NEVER unhook the bat. so i say go for it my dad has owned a bodyshop for years and NEVER any prob. either