1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat ?s

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ryde307, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

We just purchased a new 5600 toolcat. We have a 9' Falls plow for it with a home made kage style system. I am not to confident in being able to push this but it should push the blade fine and use the box to clean up or light snow.

My question what do you use for counter weight? How much weight? Any other things you do to help get the most out of its pushing ability? Any other tips on getting the most out of this piece of equipment? Thanks for any insight.
  2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

#1 You're wrong, unless you regularly get heavy, wet snow. Or a crapload at once.

#2 I have a thousand pound chunk of steel. Or a bed full of retaining wall blocks. Or bags of salt. More the better.

#3 We have a set of Cooper M&S on it now, used regular tires for the first several years. They do make a difference.

#4 You are going to love it. Pushing ability of a truck with unmatched maneuverability.
  3. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

DFD9 Thanks for the response that is what I was hoping for. We will see how it goes sounds like first snow this weekend.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I agree snow tires and a full bed of gravel or equivalent.