1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ToolCat in some SNOW !!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jon Geer, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

dude that thing looks itty biytty next to that pusher
  4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Why buy one if your not going to beat the SH!T out of it .
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Because life is short, just enjoy it. The equipment can handle the MINOR abuse it has just received.

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

PJ will like this vid! He has a tool cat too!
  8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Neat! I gotta get me one of those Tool cats for next year! I wonder how well they work traction wise with the orange box pusher Bobcat offers for it?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

right on Jon, that thing is awsome... btw, you wernt beating it up at all, just warming it up, and why not! :salute:
    Keep on making good movies!
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Earl was agreeing with you. Is that the type of site your going to use that on or was this just a maiden voyage? I will be interested in how the Toolcat does take the abuse over time, I really hope they stand up for you.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That Toolcat looks great. Fun Vids to watch also.
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice videos as always!
  14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The ToolCat has an 165 driveway route, those videos were taken when we were done plowing.

Thanks everyone. More to follow after we get todays snow and some sleep.

15. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The guy we bought it from had a 10 foot Protech pusher on it last year, she plowed just fine.
    Even with the down pressure of the SwingWing, she has plenty of traction.

16. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

How fast will the toolcat travel down the road? Does it slow down when going up hills?
  17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Current mods to the pumps, she will get 20 mph, adding the new wheels and tires will get her 25 mph. I have had a pump mod and new drive motors done in the last week, and she does not hinder up any inclines to terribly bad. She slows slightly, but that is about it.

18. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

They are pricey machines. I bet they are handy though.
  19. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

I may sound a little aggressive, but i have had one of these little peice of sh!t's for a while and the Bobcat shop has had it in their possesion more than i have. and i have my doubt's about it hadeling a 10' pusher...but i cant argue that one way or another, but i will say that the drive motor's will stall long before the motor "bog's" even with the axle matching on or off it don't matter, and it's normal :nod:

20. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Changing the tires is so that I can get more ground speed, not for traction (maybe a little). If the things would do 40 mph I would have 10 or more of them. I just wish they had more ground speed.wesport