1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat and blade picture

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by powerjoke, Oct 20, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

so what do ya think, i will probably invest in a set of tire chains, do you think the Toolcat will do itwesport

The blade is a 10'X4' viking i think Or a REALY big Western:confused:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. Looks like that set up could work nicely! What type of places will you plow with that? Do the toolcats have float controls for the loader?

3. snowcan

snowcan Member

What does that thing weigh?...it looks like to much for the little cat. At the very least you need to lose the turf tires or use chains and/or lug tires. Ballast will be a must. Nothing bigger than an 8 foot pusher is recommended for the TC, I have every available snow attachment for my 05 and JMO but I think you are pushing it just a bit to much...let me know how it works.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good PJ but don't put an animal on that thing or your next thread will be how to straighten a boom on a TC. LOL Paint it green and it will push it for sure. LOL

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with snowcan, you are going to have to add some weight to that thing.

6. powerjoke

the pic was realy more of a joke i don't think the thing will even pick it up, the blade don't look that big in the pic but it came off of a military 6X6 i was going to put it on a FWA tractor but i thought i would take a quick pic first

here is what the blade realy goes on

7. you've got too much time on your hand powerjoke

8. powerjoke

Tell me about it i have been stuck in the house (back surgery) and i am only workin about half a day now

9. Do you do landscaping as your "summer" job??

10. powerjoke

no actually i am an Excavator, i have always had back prob. but this is what finished it off so now i can't run equip as much as i used to i guess, at least for the next 6mo it's o.k. cause we don't do nothin in the winter other than snow anyway

11. yikes! that must have been a hard fall! I'm surprised it tipped over even though you had the wheels turned in that way - usually they're a lot tipsier when you're turned the other way, eh

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You think it would have hurt your head more then your back. My back is my weakest link too. Good luck with the recovery.