1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toolcat 5600 with strobes? where to mount?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cepp, Dec 7, 2006.

1. cepp

cepp Junior Member

anyone have strobes on there toolcat with pics looking for ideas so we can get this thing ready to push snow....

2. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I don't own one...though I came close...

I would just mount a mini light bar to roof, either permanent or mag...I would prefer mag as you could easily remove it for low clearance or summer mowing/ag projects to prevent it being damaged by tree branches etc.

check out AW-Direct...they have it all and quickly!

SD-Dave wesport

ps. post picture of it...love them tool-cats! :D

3. cepp

cepp Junior Member

i was thinking that a roof mount would get drowned out by the lights on the front from the front...

come on guys... someones gotta have pics of theres with lights on it.

4. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Cepp

pictures are hard to find of working toolcats...particularly moving snow. Get a high quality light bar with bright strobes and you will have no problem with them being seen past the front and rear work lamps. Of course you could place strobes in the front fender area and rear bed area but they would be far more subject to damage and the cost for wiring, power supply's etc would be fairly high, labor intensive and maintenance prone.

Just my too cents...

Love them ToolCats :salute:

SD-Dave wesport

5. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I have two Toolcats that have 10" 4 bulb Grote rotating beacons with mag mounts on the roof. Never had a problem "seeing" the beacon, nor being seen, no matter how many lights are on during operation. I believe I previously posted some pictures in this (heavy equipment) section that may show the beacons.

Timm9

6. cepp

cepp Junior Member

is that what u have on your toolcat? i see u own 2. we just got one for a snow box that we had on a jd 250 last year. ive searched for working toolcats in the snow and they are hard to find. so far weve added a headache rack and installed a stereo for those long plow nights. just need to get a set of lights on the rear somewhere and strobes..

7. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

My Toolcats came with rear facing lights mounted on the roof as well as four front facing lights on the roof line. I guess those are part of the "road kit" package along with turn signals etc.

8. cepp

cepp Junior Member

do u have any pics of the rear lights? i havent seen one with them yet..

9. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Ceep,

I will try and take a picture and get it to you in the next day or so. I will also try and include a close up of the front lights, and beacon.

10. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Cepp,

Here are a couple of pictures of my front and rear lights as well as the beacon on one of my Toolcats.

PICT0530.JPG

PICT0531.JPG

11. cepp

cepp Junior Member

ok... that makes sense why the headache rack has clipped corners..