1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toolcat 5600 tires and wheels HELP

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kwbblades, Feb 9, 2015.

1. kwbblades

kwbblades Junior Member

I bought a 05 toolcat last year and it has worked pretty well, although it really needs tires other than the standard 27x10.50r15. Now after beating google down and trying different things I have registered here in a desperate attempt to find tires and wheels that fit.

Through my many different searches and reading numerous threads on here I read many used trailer wheels with 235/75/16 but that will not work with mine anything bigger than 27 inch high wheels, the fuel tank is in the way. I have noticed on many other toolcats do not have the same fuel tank set up as mine. The one on mine extends all the way into the front right fender.

We tried using 29 inch tires on it and it would rub the fuel tank. So we are back to square one. The hub is 6.75 in and the spread between studs measuring from one stud center to the other is 3 in. 6 lug configuration.

Now optimally I would like to have a tire that is 27 inches high If I was using a 16 in wheels 215/65r16 so 27x8.5 or there abouts. If I could find a wheel that fits I could get a nice snow tire with lots of siping to get more grip also the increased down pressure from the thinner tire. Although the weight rating concerns me slightly it seems as I have no other options. As I said before it will only accommodate 27 inch tires max there is less than an inch between the tire and the fuel tank now with 27x10.50r15 skid steer tires. I really am not looking to spend the $1300 plus it takes to get a set of snow wolf tires.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

When I looked for mine, I couldn't find any aftermarket wheels that fit the offset.

I ended up buying some Cooper M&S (15") and swapping them in the fall and spring. Kind of a pain, but it worked.

Seems like Bobcat wanted close to $300 a wheel back then.
  3. kwbblades

kwbblades Junior Member

We tried to put 29 cooper m&s on but the rubbed the fuel tank. Im really not sure what to do at this point unless I find other wheels that fit I wont be able to get snow tires. I dont believe they make a 27 inch tire for these wheels.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mine was an '04 D Series.

235/75 R15 is the size.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

The "D" series Toolcat was introduced in late 2007.
    Whole new frame/chassis/suspension/boom and engine mounting.
    Basically a whole new machine to correct the litany of problems associated with the earlier models.

The "D" series has 2" more wheel clearance than the 02-06 models.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Oops, I was confusing it with my 190.

Mine was an '07.

Thanks for the clarification.
  7. kwbblades

kwbblades Junior Member

That sheds some light on the subject, is there any other wheels that I can get to fit?
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

SnowWolf doesn't have tires and rims to fit those?? I thought I saw some Toolcats with WolfPaws on them before( the blue colored rims ), I have no idea about the different years though. Check them out if you haven't yet.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the last bit of your first post. Just spend the money and be done with it, they'll last a long time.
  9. kwbblades

kwbblades Junior Member

Thats what ill have to do if I cant find any to fit. But I believe I will be getting a 08 5610 soon hopefully