1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcat 5600- How big of a pusher??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Nov 22, 2010.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

We are looking at selling our Bobcat T190 and getting a Toolcat. I am wondering how big of a pusher can you run on them? I know there are different variables on how big w/ different type of snow, but just on average how big could you run?

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I have seen an 8' pusher run on a toolcat. I dont know if you could go any larger.

3. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

The local Chevy dealer has a tool cat and they have replaces the "quicktach" twice, and on the third one. I have the 2 distroyed ones. I can post pictures if you want From what I am guessing the employees driving the unit was hitting the curbs in the parking lot with the unit. the Quicktach is NOT very stout... Be careful its an expensive part!!!

4. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

On my 5610 I have a 6' to 10' extendable pull plow on the three point and a 6 ft bobcat snowblower in front. I can't wait to try it!!!

5. ToolCatCruzer

ToolCatCruzer Junior Member
    from Chicago

I run a 10' on my 5600, depending on the type of snow and the length of the push you have. i also have a salt spreader in the bed so i have a lil more weight on the back.

6. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

What kind of a pull plow do you have? Let's see some pics. How do you like the 5610?

7. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Interesting. In what way do you think it will be better than a CTL? I always questioned the usefulness of a tool cat.