1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolcarriers For Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Landmark01, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Landmark01

Landmark01 Junior Member

Anyone have experience with Bobcat 5600 Series Toolcarriers for snow plowing? Looking at buying a 2006 with 600 hours for work with a 8' straight blade and a snow bucket. Anybody have one of these?
  2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

are you referring to a toolcat? if so yes the company i worked for the past couple years ran a 5600 and a 5610. they had an 8' blade, snow bucket and an 8' protech that they ran on them depending on the situation
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Been working great in South Beach with an 810SS and a blower.
  4. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I have a 5600 that I use for snow removal in the winter, I love it for snow removal I would recommend it too anyone. Just make sure you get the history on the machine you are looking at, these machines have their share of issues with wheel motors and speed sensors,so do your home work at the dealer to see what has been done to the machine even at 600 hours.
    any more questions just PM me.
  5. Enthalpy

Enthalpy Junior Member

Man up already!
  6. Landmark01

Landmark01 Junior Member

Thanks. Bought the unit, haven't plowed a flake yet. So much for the Great White North.

RIVERVIEW7 Member

There are a great machine i bought a 2005 with 800 hours on it and put a snow ex salter on it with a 8 ft western plow and and it out runs all the trucks
  8. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Post up some pictures of it. I'd like to see it with a western plow

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I post some pictures soon
  10. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Bought an 06 with blower on the front,back blade and sander this fall, 40 + hrs in the last 2 weeks, works great, love the roadspeed.