1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toolbox for my 2010 GMC 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Feb 15, 2011.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys, I am looking for a toolbox for my 2010 gmc 1500 crew cab. I have had in my past truck weatherguard boxes that are great boxes but are getting a bit expensive. Just wanting to see and hear what other people are using and the quality of other boxes out there. Oh ya and where is a good place to buy one for a good price. Thanks Brian
  2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Tractor supply has good ones for decent prices. They used to sell Delta Pro boxes, but I think they now sell Dee-Zee brand. I've had my TSC Delta box on for 6 years and it looks and works like new.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have one from tractor supply. actually i believe its a tool chest not a box. its the width of the bed and goes all the way down but it doesnt hang over the bed rails so i can keep it on with my toneau cover or when i have my leaf box on

CHEVYLIFER Junior Member

I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 with a UWS dipe wide tool box here is a pic of it i got it for around $400.
  5. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I have a Weatherguard now and I'm very happy with it and IMO it's worth the money. I've had two other cheaper toolboxes and they both cracked on the bottom. I don't remember the brands but one was $200 and one was $300. I will gladly pay $400 if the bottom doesn't crack. Maybe I carry more / heavier tools than avg.

CHEVYLIFER Junior Member

the nice thing about the uws toolboox the i have is that its double walled and i carry close to 200 lbs in tools and chains it seem to be holding up very well so far
  7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I have a TSC brand toolbox and don't care for it at all. The aluminum behind the wels on the hinge are craking and it seems like a very lightweight gauge of aluminum. I have Dee Zee on my skid trailer and that seems alright. I do agree with you, the weathergurds are spendy but they are quaility I have owned mine since 2002, and it still looks decent. I haven't tried every brand so I can't say weathergurd is the best but I will buy another one for my new truck. (if that day ever comes)
  8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I use Adrian steel tool box. Got it for free when i bought my 07 2500. Gm Choice business account gives you $500 in accessories, if you are a business.
  9. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

OK so if I was going to buy a new weather guard toolbox. Does anyone know where to get the best deal on one.