1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tool cat tires and rims for snow.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snow7899, Nov 8, 2015.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Does anyone have any idea what size tire and rim combination we can run on a 2006 toolcat? Looking for a heavy duty lt tire or dedicated snow tire.
  2. birdog357

birdog357 Junior Member

I believe they are Toyotas. We run snow tires on ours because 29" Turfs would be...less than optimal in snow. I'll talk to my boss and find out for sure.
  3. birdog357

birdog357 Junior Member

They are Toyotas. You have to make sure they have zero offset so your wheel track doesn't get too narrow. Alternatively you could use 6 bolt trailer wheels. We actually tested our machine with one before ordering the nice alloy wheels.
  4. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

snowwolf makes them; you can buy them through us off of ebay.
  5. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

I use 16" aluminum trailer wheels,(correct bolt pattern and correct offset) mounted up with Firestone winter force 235's, it works great! and no issues and they are about or slightly taller than our 29" turf tires we run in the summer, and Heck, they look really good mounted on our toolcat! :D