1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Took some pics in my yard yesterday.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Gawd, I hope you have good waterproofing on your basement.

After this crazy winter in most places, those waterproofing companies are going to get ALOT of work.
  3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

wow that is crazy

love the pics man
  4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

wow thats lots of snow but the burning barn is amazing, Where any charges filed
  6. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Water proofing in the basement, haha, thats funny. Yeah right, stone foundation under a 1/4 of the house, Root cellar dirt floor under one other small section, the rest is dirt crawl space. Basement floor is concrete but only about five years ago, and even in the summer months when it rains the water runs through it. The sump pump never stops running from the end of March to about the end of May. The float already stuck on about three weeks ago we had about 24 hours of rain, and I had 8" of water down there one morning. The dipstick that did the yard work when they redid the house put a drain out back, it would work great if water ran up hill. It about 2' higher than the lowest spot in the back yard which is right up against the back of the house! Its a rental or I would do something about it myself. I am just here until I buy a place, have one in mind but its a private sale and she is elderly. She is procrastinating what she wants to do.

No our mouth breathing brain dead chief of police went on the nightly news the night of the fire, and said he was already in the process of filing charges etc. Then a week later he said the guy was not liable, it was an accident! He and his second in command could frig up a free meal. I plow the guys driveway, I only see him a couple times a year if he happens to be up from Mass., and it storms. He started talking to me about a few weeks back, I told him I was there that night and new the whole story, I thought he, and his tenant were negligent. He didn't have much to say after that. The old guy his neighbor that owned the barn is 96 years old. He was devastated, and his insurance only covered the barn not the clean up. The guy that used it to store all his hay is out the $4,000.00. A local contractor used the small side part to store all his staging, and a crap load of tools, the insurance wouldn't cover them as the old guy didn't think to say they were his. The adjuster asked who's tools and he said Reggie's. So they said no coverage on them. Needless to say the guy is not well liked around town, population of about 1,000 it dosen't take long for word to get around. He has only owned his place for about a year and a half. The old guy was one of the founding members of our fire dept.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I brought my skid loader home and cleared the snow away from my foundation this year. My yard is the only bare yard in town now.....lol
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow thats alot of melting snow, and a big fire!