1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Took plow off, now no headlights.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by classiclawncare, Mar 22, 2010.

1. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

I have an 06 dodge ram 2500 diesel. I put a 8 ft boss straightblade plow and salter on the truck and kept it connected all winter. I just took off the plow and now by highbeams work, my outside orange lights work, but my headlights themselves do not work. My local electric shop tried to fix it and could not. Boss sent me some new wiring that should have fixed it and it did not. So I cannot get me headlights to come on. Any ideas?

The lights worked with the plow on, but now they wont with it off.

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Did you flip the dash switch (little black button) that turns your vehicle lamps back over to your primary switch?
  3. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

yeah I have that switch set to truck lights.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the relay on the end in the relay pack that has a black, black/red, brown and a solid red and see if the truck lights illuminate. If they don't...

Use an extra relay (or the one you already previously pulled) and swap each of the other relays one at a time and see if they then illuminate. May just have a stuck relay...as long as it was wired correctly during the original installation.