1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Took my rams off to clean.. how to fill?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by berg, Dec 12, 2008.

1. berg

berg Member
    from utah

I took my rams off to clean and purge all the old fluid out.
    I am ready to put the hoses back on and fill..

whats the best way to do that with the rams off the a-frame. ? A few post's suggested taking them off for pruging but didn't explain how to re fill them and bleed the air..

thanks

all suggestions appreciated

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Berg. You must have missed the answer to Neil 64 just before your post. Of course he called them A frame cylinders and that threw me for a loop until I read it.

Seems like a hard way to do it but to each his own. Assuming you have flushed out the pump and hoses and cleaned the filters, and have put in the right fluid in the pump, just put the rams back on and hook them up. Now just work your plow a few times and then recheck your fluid level because it will be low from filling up the rams and hoses.

You might have some air in the system now so put your plow lower than your truck and work the plow back and forth and they will self bleed. Good luck.