1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Too much time....

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Ok maybe I have to much time on my hands. I wonder if it would be possible for blizzard to make an 810 V. I know it would have a crap load of moving parts, but it would be an awesome plow. You have the advantages of the 810, and of the V plow. Just something I thought up of. Maybe its dumb, I dont know lol. :dizzy:
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I think it would be cool and very effective, but like you said to many moving parts. Now what I really want to see is a stainless steal blizzard like the Fisher X Blade.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Why would you even want a Blizzard in a "V"? The idea is to capture snow, which the Blizzard does by angling each "wing" 30 degrees. By having the V shape, you'd defeat the purpose of the wings. Not considering the weight you'd be adding - it would take a five-ton truck with ten tons of ballast to move it.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have enough problems with the 810 design they have now, I would'nt even want to think about what a pain a "810V" would be. :dizzy:
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I thought you loved the 810? lol You must be changing you opinion on the plow. I was originally thinking about going with the 810 if I got a new truck, but now Im undecided. I kinda have my eye on a Boss 9'2" V. Im still not sure, but with all the problems this year with them it has me scared. I haven't had any problems with my 760lt yet though. I also dont like the shoe box controller they have. I really like Western and boss handheld.