1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

too much snow in southeast Michigan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Dude, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

I live in southeast Michigan and we are really getting blasted this winter. Everytime it snows, 7 times since Christmas, it's atleast 5 inches, and as of tonight we are expecting about another 6 inches. It's only Jan. 21st. Hopefully we get a break soon. Plymouth, MI.
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

That is not bad compared to other parts of the country.. where I live we average over 150" per year,so I guess it is all relative...
  3. hesko1

hesko1 Member

No Break

I have been Plowing for 22 years, and we havn't had a winter start out like this in at least 10 years, if not 15. I have learned to never ask for the snow to let up because as soon as you do :nono: , you won,t be plowing till next Christmas!
    BRING IT ON MOTHER NATURE :bluebounc :bluebounc
  4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Actually, last January was much worse than this one. We were out about every other night for one thing or another. HEAVY salt bills.
  5. Hate to say it, but your complaining about all the snow? the snow is what maked us money, more snow the better for me!
  6. bear466

bear466 Junior Member

i have to agree, snow is money!!! bring it on.
    i cant believe someone with a plow is complaining of to much snow??
  7. snow=pennies from heaven. Actually dollars instead of pennies!! I say to old lady mom nature to bring it on. Give me all you got. I want a blizzard. I want to have to tunnel through snow to get out of my house. Well, maybe not that much snow!
  8. Too Much????

I already have 27 invoices for snow removal since October 16, 2004. :nod: December 28 through January 9 we had over 9 feet of snow in the Sierra's.

I could only wish to be in Plymouth, MI...... I would be on Vacation..... ;) Hang in there Plow Dude. It could be much, much worse.....

I owe all of our snow to the Official West Coast Snow Dance......!!!!! :nod:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  9. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Well, I have contracts for the season no matter how much it snows, so I usually hope for few snow falls.