1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

too much slack on trip springs

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlang, Nov 28, 2010.

1. dlang

dlang Junior Member

I just got this meyer plow blade used cheap and this is my first plow setup alltogether. I noticed that the springs were loose and there was no adjustment left so I took the a-frame off to get a better look at things. It appears that the sector assembly is angled to far towards the top of the blade closing up the space for the springs. I smacked it pretty good with a sledge to see if I could get it to move back down but it won't budge. Is it supposed to be able to rotate on the long cross pin ? If so, what holds it downward while the springs pull upward ? See attached pictures. Is it fixable ? I just got it for my 500 ft driveway.
    Thanks for any help,
    Duane

GEDC0902.jpg

GEDC0901.jpg

GEDC0903.jpg

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Your missing the center bolt.

3. dlang

dlang Junior Member

I'm not sure which bolt you're talking about. I removed the king pin bolt to pull the a-frame off. Is there another bolt that missing ?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pivot pins and probably tubes are worn out thus the sector stops have jumped under the horizontal angle on the moldboard and the sector has moved away from the moldboard too far. Very common on an old Meyer, time for some new pins and tubes.