1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Too much play from side to side after hose blowout

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Woodland, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

This last storm I blew out the hydraulic hose leading from the passenger side ram to the pump (7.5' HD MM2 2008 model). I was pushing snow banks back and hit too hard on only 1/2 the plow...oops. I replaced the hose, refilled with fluid and worked the plow up/down, back and forth and filled the reservoir again. It was only down a little bit. I repeated the procedure again and the reservoir was full. Now, however, there is about 2 inches of play in the plow from side to side. Before the blowout there was practically no play at all. What else may have been damaged that I should inspect/replace/repair?
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's still got air in the system. It'll work it's way out. Once it does, check the fluid level again.
  3. jshocik

jshocik Member

I just changed my fluid on my plow & went through the same thing, you have to cycle it quite a few times & recheck the fluid level.
  4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Find a drop off somewhere and hang the plow off it and angle from side to side. Easier for the air to make it's way up that way.