1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

too many lights!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 4arms, Feb 20, 2011.

1. 4arms

4arms Junior Member

my 96 unimount decide it wants both the plow and vehicle headlights on when I switch the lights on. when it started doing this the dash lights would also go off and would kinda switch back and forth from normal operation to this scenario. the plow lights are on but very dim. the vehicle headlights are on full the dash lights are off. the vehicle is a 91 toyota 4runner. anyone know whats going on here?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

You might have a bad headlight switch..

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Check your grille connector. I had the same problem and it was a bad connection.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Also check the relays that switch the head lights to the the plow lights, have seen lots of problems there.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you could have a bad relay starting to fail.. There is a "brown" wire attach to the parking light on the driver side..check that wire, and also check the ground wire as well....

6. 4arms

4arms Junior Member

thanks guys, gives me some direction.