1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

too late for contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenkeepers, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers Member

Hey All-

Don't kill me but I don't have any plowing customers on contracts. This is my first year for plowing and I didn't have a chance to get one signed before the snow started falling.

What I'm wondering is if it is too late to have customers sign contracts. I just don't want to be on the cell phone when I'm plowing residentials asking if they want plowed. This will also allow me to have control over the accounts and not go out and only plow a few but do them all..
  2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Send out a "confirming" contract. Tell them that you ARE doing them, but just want to get a "confirmed contract" in place to protect everybody. Ask them to sign the contract and return it. Might want to send along a self address (and maybe stamped) envelope to make it easier for them to send it in.
  3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers Member

THanks John-

I didn't want to come off too harsh with the clients and have them freak on me. Although the majority of them are my lawn customers who signed my summer contract so it shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe I should incorporate the 2!!

Does anyone have a good sample contract that I could compare mine to so that I don't miss anything. I need to have all of those "get paid for whats" in there.
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not at the office now (going to try to get some sleep before we go at it again tonight, as we got 6" this morning and will have alot of mush to clean up tonight after todays plowing). I'll be in the office early Friday, so if you will email me your fax number I'll send you some stuff that might help.

By the way... you should consider joining SIMA if you are not already a member.
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I use contracts for all my commercials, none of my residentials. FWIW.