1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Too late for bidding snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Sep 7, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Whats your opinion? are we a little late for bidding right now? I think its coing quick.payup

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't know about your area but people around here bid until November! For us we get calls from now through mid October. The straglers will roll in after that and we plan on bidding until then.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Most of the bigger places should already have contracts in place.It never hurts to try though,as there are lot who wait to the last minute (they tend to wait to the last minute to pay too :realmad: ).

Sometimes we don't mind the late signers,as we charge a surcharge for contracts that are signed late.
  4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

never too late around here

Many people wait till Nov here too. We usually don't see plow-able snow until at least Dec. so people seam to wait till the last minute. Hoping to get a couple more subdivisions for the winter. That should fill my plate for this year. If I still have time on my hands I will sub for a contractor friend. Ray
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Bill

Speaking of Bidding. Let me know if you are still interested in getting that account me and you talked about. Ill find out what the guy is looking for.

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

just sent out renewals and some bids, most places have already closed bidding
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

People around here haven't even thought about it for the most part. There are some (more than you'd think) you wait till they can't drive through it before they think about plowing.
  8. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Was reading this thread this morning and kinda got me thinking we have just started bidding we always have the second week in sept i have found in years past if we send to early people tend to let the bid set on there desk to long and it ends up getting lost or something iam always nervous this time of year anywaybecause thank god we have had a good retention rate but you still dont feel good til the contracts are signed and in the file drawer , i was also thinking maybe diff states are diff when it comes to bidding time like i know you guys on the east coast got pounded last year maybe cust's think more about it early but like mick said people arnt really thinking alot about snow right this very week even here in mich were we always get snow. If iam bidding a new cust i like to send has early has poss but it seems like 30 percent of the buss around here will wait til late nov til making a committment , anyway hope more people respond to this thread cause i would be interested to know if other people wait til sept to start . thanks

Regards fred
  9. yako

yako Member

im in michigan and am just starting to advertise and talk to small commercials. i will be getting a small factory this year through a friend and theyre not evem thinling about talking about snow now. im very anxious but its 77 degrees out. what can i expect.
  10. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I actually started bidding jobs in April, They called me up and I thought it was a buddy playing a joke on me. I've have been steady since then, I think last winter has them nervous. In the last two weeks I've been contacted by some rather large multi-location accounts. I guess they start a little later.