1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Too high??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Frierson, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Frierson

Frierson Junior Member

I did a residential driveway with pavers took me 2 hrs, 125 plus salt. What would you charge?:confused:

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

what did you use a teaspoon?

3. Frierson

Frierson Junior Member

Shovel.... Down here there is no need for a plow

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

if it is taking you 2 hrs, you need a snowblower, plow, just about anything!!!

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If there is enough snow to shovel, then there is enough snow to plow. Following that logic, since I don't shovel snow, I see a need for a plow. Remember, the faster you get done with one driveway, the faster you can move onto the next driveway....

6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

he's from south carolina. i think it might snow once a year or less there. how much snow was in the drive? how big is the drive etc? that info would help on pricing

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since it don't snow there he wasn't sure what to do with it.

8. WNYSeasonalSvs.

WNYSeasonalSvs. Junior Member
    from WNY

How else is he going to get the snow outta the cracks in the pavers? Table salt is expensive down there.

9. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Nothing gets done quick in SC...when we drove down to Florida for our summer vacation..all the left lane bandits going 55 in the left lane on the Interstate had SC plates...

JK !

10. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

All you really need to do is distract the owner for an hour or so and it will be melted by then anyway..... :D Remember, 1 or 2" of snow in SC and everything shuts down!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

If I knew it would take 2Hrs. to shovel by hand, I would have charged $250.00. Forget the salt, pavers will melt off nice. payup