1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TOO Funny......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by veggin psd, Jan 2, 2008.

1. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

So I get a call Friday afternoon, This lady ask for me to come plow her driveway. She adds that her car is stuck in the way. Now, keep in mind it hasn't snowed in a ten days. So I figure she is a cabin owner and the warning alarms begin to sound in my head. I ask what the drive is like. She says its down hill a little bit and around a corner. Any way I tell this lady that it is gonna be a minimum of $75 to plow her drive maybe more given the circumstances. She says I'll let you know......probably got spooked by the price. Later she calls and asks if I'm still willing to do it. I say OK like a dumb***!:dizzy:

I get to the job, and she has already got the Lexus SUV out of my way. I look and there is 4 courses of land scape that are bout 8 feet high! boy was she rite about the downhill part! Any way, I get the drive way cleaned up and she pays me the $75. Just as I was leaving this half million dallar lake home, her dumb husband stops me and says............Do you think you could go out on the lake and plow a skating rink? Keep in mind theres bout 2 feet of snow on top of 6 inches of ice! WHAT....damn idiots!:gunsfiring:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Reading things here on Plowsite makes me feel better that people are ridiculous no matter WHERE you are!

I posted something a couple weeks back about a guy who was looking to save money by not having me plow, but then he needed the mailbox cleared out so I went for 1/2 the cost of the driveway (2 days later, NOT when I was already out plowing). With lots of time to think about things during plowing for hours & hours, I decided what my response should be for people: "I bill out at $125/hr, so if you're ok with that I'll be over."
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How big of an ice rink did you make!:D
  4. cod8825

cod8825 Member

veggin psd

Holy Cow that was funny thanks I needed that after having to change my boys pants for the fourth time after popping in them potty training
  5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

and i thought the story about plowing a driveway for $75 was stupid.....
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking that also. Great minds must think alike. :D

Or is it that idiots seldom differ? :drinkup: (just kiddin ya bryan)
  7. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Ice rink........It would have been more like a SWIMMING HOLE for a SUPERDUTY!:cry:
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

At least it would be salt free.
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

and i can see you dont have kids.