1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tonneau Cover with Backrack

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mycirus, Dec 12, 2008.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Anyone know if there is a good Tonneau that works with a backrack? This is for a 2001 GMC 2500 Crew with Short bed.

2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

That's why I don't have a back rack, although I'd like one. I have a tonneau cover too, and could not find one, but I'd rather keep the snow out of the bed more than having the rack...!
  3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I have a back rack with the tool box mounts and tool box, then i added a tool box tonno from extang. It is cut shorter than a regular one and seals tight against the box. I dont know if you have a box but this worked for me.
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Pics would be awesome.
  5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

ok ill get some up as soon as i can take them
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My friend Steve (f250man on here) builds backracks and made his to work with his cover. If you want one built or more details, PM me and I can put you in touch with him
  7. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I seen the one he made and looks pretty good. I'm going to be building mine soon.
  8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

back racks work with tonneas. You have to mount them with a spacer under them and buy those extesions. My Boss has a F250 with a tonnue and back rack. I will snap photos.
  9. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

I'd like to see some pics as well. Thanks.
  10. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I have regular racks on mine. i made my own cover out of plywood. not completely weather proof, but it beats having to shovel the truck also. Heres a few pics.

11. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I have a Diamondback cover on mine and I really like it a lot. They are structural (mine holds 1600 lbs.), so you can put 4 wheelers, golf carts, whatever on them.

I'm sure you could rig up a backrack, or use the rack from Diamondback with it.

12. Ducke

Ducke Member