1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tonaue cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DareDog, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

have a truck with tonaue cover never had one before :bluebounc. what should i put on it to preserve it so it lasts a long time.
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't put anything on it. Just wash it regularly with your truck. A lot of those armoral type products cause the material to dry out faster than if you just leave it be.
  3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It offers great UV protection which is what really kills tonneau covers and the like. I use it on the soft top of my wife's Jeep too.

It can usually be found at most marine retailers (locally I get it at West Marine).
  4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

................X2 ................
    I use 303 on my cover.. 4 years old and still looks new.
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with plow guy just wash it everytime you clean your truck I never anything on my old trucks cover and it looked brand new 6 years after
  6. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

My cover came with a lifetime warranty, if treated with 303 a couple times a year. Supposed to protect against uv damage. I thought it was kind of expensive, but after using it, worth every penny.

Even the paint on your truck will eventually break down over time if not taken care of. Why would you not occasionally treat your cover to help protect it? .... just askin'?:drinkup:

btw, I agree w/ plowguy43 not to use Armorall...
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

put some Mothers on it in small spot and it seems to work good. going to get some more to do the whole cover.
  8. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

Tonneau* cover