1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tom, thoughts

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bossllc, Oct 23, 2008.

1. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

What is your thought about putting the 28v 9.1 on my 07 Duramax Classic crew cab. I respect your insight.

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

is it a 3500 dully?

why do you want the 9.1 other then the 8.3?

3. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

The 9.1 is all I can find that is left in the 28v. The new model will not go on the 2500.

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you can put the 9.1 on your truck and if you compare the two weight wise the 8.3 weighs 810lbs where the 9.1 is 838lbs so its not much more but it is a huge plow for your truck you will want to tighten up th torsion bars for sure and maybe put a timbren kit on the front. if you do tighten up the bars make sure you get an alignment on your truck. when you go get an alignment make sure you would tell them not to crank them back down

5. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

Am I just looking for trouble by going with this plow. I could continue to look for the smaller plow.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you basing this on the application guide on the Snoway website:rolleyes: They haven't put any Mega series fits on the site yet.:confused: Check with your dealer.

I have customers pushing 9.1 Vees with 2500 Chevy, No crews cabs I'm aware of but more then a couple extended cabs.

With your truck I wouldn't go to a smaller plow. You need a lot of blade to cover the trucks wheelbase. Think minimum 8'6".

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i dont think your looking for troube with this blade and im not too sure what the mega v is gonna offer for your truck they dont have an app guide on their site yet but it is gonna weigh a couple hundered pounds more easy

8. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Chad...like Nick says and what I told you is that you will be fine with this plow on your truck. Just put some Timbrens on the front and it will push great.

9. bossllc

bossllc Junior Member
    from central

Kevin, I will be in contact soon so we can set up a install.

10. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Where are you finding the new 9.1 28v at? I don't want to take your plow, but do they have more than one? I called all the dealers in IA and haven't found any.

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Give Kevin Kendrick a call. He is close.

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i think Kevin said he had some but they arent avalible anymore so you have to find the guy who has them left

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They're around. a number of dealers in various parts of the country have them listed in inventory.

14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The 28V 9'1" would fit your truck just fine. I would also recommend Timbrens.

15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Brad,

I know where there are a few new 28V models in stock. If you want the info shoot me a PM and I will send the info your way.