1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tom and Basher please help....

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dmontgomery, Nov 24, 2008.

1. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I got the 29 out today to check it out..... Initially it would not work (it is wireless), I checked and found that I was getting power to the solenoid switch but not thru it....

First of all I have a replacement but it is back from when I had an ST....the original part number from the 29 is 120-105111...the replacement I have is 120-105111-5....I tried it and it worked....

1. is it compatible / Ok to use???

2. now the plow is operating very jerky, the DP seems to be working fine but all other movements are only partial range, requiring multiple button pushes.....

Thanks.....

Derek

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Derek,

The replacement solenoid should work fine. The jerky movements could be a couple of things.

1. How old are the batteries in the control and have you tried a fresh set

2. Is the reservoir full of oil

3. Check the power connection and make sure there is no corrosion and that it is tight

4. Check the ground for the receiver on the plow and make sure it is tight

5. Check the ground at the truck battery and make sure it is tight

Let me know what you find and if any of these ideas solve the issue for you. I am sure Basher will chime in soon and give some further input as to what he is thinking.

3. dmontgomery

you are the bomb......tom............thanks

4. toby4492

The one ground that I questioned would be on the receiver under the pump cover. There is a ground wire that comes off of it and will attach to the end head where the motor is grounded. Make sure that this is tight also. Let me know what you find out.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Tom had a real good list.

I'll add

Check the battery box in the control. The bottom of the battery holders crack creating a power issue.

Clean the grill power plug and be certain you have good connection there.

Make sure the ground on the truck is to the battery.

Do you have a 150 amp circuit breaker or the 250 fuse?

6. dmontgomery

150 breaker

I will try it all again in the morning......thanks for the help

7. dmontgomery

everything appears to be tight

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fresh batteries

Bypass the C Breaker for test purposes

9. dmontgomery

well I was out of time.......I am headed to my inlaws today for Thanksgiving......so I took it to the new dealer here in Dayton this AM....... I have to say that without anything being done yet I am impressed with MATT...the guy in charge of the Snoway stuff.....and the facility is what one hopes to find in a repair / dealer shop..... I got to see the new v plow..... it is very cool...... and he had a new 29HD sitting there also..... hopefully we will get this resolved and I can move on.......thanks for all your help.....

Also Matt plans to offer 24 hour service during events and currently is selling bagged salt with the intention of offering bulk in the future. There is only one place in Dayton selling salt by the ton......and it is a little far off for me........this looks good.......thanks to whoever works to improve the dealer network...... this was a long time coming in Dayton.......

Derek

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  10. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Derek,

It took me awhile, but I think that I have found a winner in Dayton. Matt @ Champion Auto Service is doing all of the right things to be successful and knows what it takes to keep a customer happy.

Have a nice thanksgiving and thanks for being a Sno-Way customer. We do appreciate your business.

11. dmontgomery

well it has a bad receiving unit for the wireless......it will be fixed tomorrow...... in 7 years of Snoway use this is the first time I have had any sort of failure...... just in time also look like possibly a plowable event on sunday

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle in a timely manner, just proves the point, dealers make the differance:nod:

13. dmontgomery

Ok....I got the plow back and it is now very clear that I was having issues with this last season.... anyway works good as new and not only am I very happy with the new Dayton Dealer but I have also found a place to work on my truck if necessary.... diesel mechanics are hard to find here......

Again....thank to Tom and Basher for the assistance....

14. toby4492

Glad to help out Derek, that's what I'm here for. :nod:

Sounds like you have found a great dealer to work with. :cool:

If you need anything else let us know. Thanks again for choosing Sno-Way :waving:

15. dmontgomery

do the cutting edges on the new 29's fit the old design????

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No the 25 and the 29 wearedges do not match

17. dmontgomery

I assume a 25 is the new 29hd