1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toggle to trigger is it possible

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dana60f250, Dec 26, 2009.

1. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

i have an old meyer a frame with a toggle control , is it possible to hook a hande held trigger to this wireing.
  2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Do you have the two toggle switch control now ?

If so you will need to change the harness to go with the single lever control (Slik Stick) .

If you want the touch pad you will also need to buy a harness and touch pad controller .

What pump are you running ? I have a complete slik stick control with harness in the classifieds for sale if you wanted to go with the single lever control .

I also have a touch pad for sale but you would have to buy a harness to go with it .

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

i have an e47 pump , what is a slick stick? i have a joystick type controller left, right, up and wen u flip it down it stays down unless u flick it back up. i like the idea of the touch pad.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What you already have is the Skik Stik which is the Meyer term for the single lever controller. If you wish to run a touch pad you'll need a control harness change...and of course the controller.

IMO you have a more reliable controller than what you're considering upgrading to. The touch pads are well know not to be too reliable and at $230 a copy get a little expensive after a while. The Slick Stiks will last almost forever, look at your own.
  5. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

just considered the same thing as I was having issues.....I bought the new wiring harness for the slick stik I already have running my E47..problem fixed...$59 ....the guy at STS trucking in Buffalo said the same as B&B...sometime newer is not always better.
  6. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

cool thanx guys i appreciate it and u prolly saved me a couple bucs thanx again. ill stick with the stick.