1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toggle switch question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by greenmtnman, Dec 17, 2009.

1. greenmtnman

greenmtnman Junior Member
    from Vermont

Wondering if a toggle switch is a toggle switch? Or is a Meyers toggle any different?
    This will be for the left / right angling. What I got from one of the auto part shops is a
    on / off / on.
    Any knowledge about this topic and past on would be welcome!

TY

- 8 7 am today and wind in these parts of the greenmtns

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as it's a double pole double throw momentary switch you can use it. May have to trim the plasic on the harness connector or snip the 6th unneeded pin of the switch for clearance but it will work.

3. greenmtnman

from Vermont

toggle

Here is a picture of what I got.
    it say's on-off-on (L -off- R)

toggle 001.jpg

toggle 002.jpg

4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

It looks like those are SPDT and not DPDT. A DPDT will have 6 connections.

The meyer left right switch is spring return to center (momentary) and really common. The raise/float switch will stay in float and spring back from raise, you won't find this at the hardware store but if you want one there are aftermarkets available for under $15. Or get a momentary one a rig up a spring on your chain to pull the lift arm down a couple more inches after the plow hits the ground...this is what I have done so I can get my slick stick out of float and on to angling. (The slick stick cannot angle and float at the same time like double switches can).

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not the conrrect one as JC already mentioned. You need a double pole double throw momentary. Like this: Toggle

6. greenmtnman

from Vermont

toggle

Thanks
    for the help from you all

lennyk

7. ezjarecki

ezjarecki Junior Member
    from omaha

is there any diagrams anywhere on how to wire the two switches together?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A little rough with the paint shop but should be enough to get you want you need...

Attached Files:

9. ezjarecki

ezjarecki Junior Member
    from omaha

ty very much

10. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Meyer's website also has the wiring diagram, look for stuff that says "Dual Switches"