1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toggle switch hot

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by freaksmurf, Oct 12, 2006.

1. freaksmurf

freaksmurf Junior Member

Hey guys, I've come upon a problem and thought there may be a genius in the crowd...my toggle switch gets extremely hot when the truck headlights are on. I dont have the plow on this time of year, I just started to notice a burning/electrical smell and felt the toggle switch.This doesnt happen when the headlights are off, only when they are on...any help would be appreciated,thanks, Freaksmurf.

2. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Looks like the switch is overloaded. Time for a heavy duty relay. Did it ever get warm before, or did it just start?

3. freaksmurf

freaksmurf Junior Member

It was warm to the touch last year durring plowing season...I noticed last week that 2 wires are burnt and the connectors have become black,looks like I will need to repair wiring and install a new relay.I had one of the relays that are in the plow harness for the lights fail last year...lost my high beam headlights.