1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

toggle ????????'s

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smcunningham, Jan 20, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

what company makes the old style toggle switches.....up/down switch has four post on the back and so does the power angle switch trying to figure out what each one goes to wiring up a fisher power unit....
    looking for diagrams...................
    the power angle has two posts on one side of the switch and one in the center and one on the other side.............the up down is the same way

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  2. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Anybody Know Anything About My Post

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I ran a truck at a school district about 12 years ago. It had toggle switches like you described. I believe it is a Meyer set-up, about 20 years old or more. Good luck!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like your trying to wire Meyer style toggle's to a Fisher SEHP style pump. While it is possible to do, the Meyer switches don't have enough pin's in the correct location's on the back of the switches to operate the three valve's and the under hood solenoid in the correct sequence on the Fisher pump's.You'll need to custom build a harness and use 4 or 6 1/2 watt diode's wired in the correct position's in order to make it work. You'd be much better off buying a used joy stick control to operate the pump.

5. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

B&b

whats the correct sequence, and I can wire up stuff pretty good. do you have any or no of any conversion diagrams.. showing or explaining where the diodes go @ ie wire color and before or after switch ect ect ect.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I don't really have any diagrams for this.I only did this one time and I used a Western exploded view diagram showing the inside of their joy stick control for the diode placements. I might still have the pic somewhere, if you want I can email that to you if your good at deciphering wiring diagrams.Like I said I only did this once, it was just way too time consuming to make.It was more of an experiment than anything. Now I just buy the joy stick and make the harness from it to the pump.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I may be lost, but you mean
    plow control, thats toggle switches, one for up/down, one for left right?

old arctic plow control maybe?

http://www.arcticsnowplows.com/Thydraulics.htm

scroll down to control box.

Is that what your talking about?

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What type of fisher power unit would help, sounds like the old hydro pump that ran off the motor.

9. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

heres a pic of the toggles front / back

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 016.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 017.jpg

10. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Sorry about taking so long to reply.....Out Sunday night from 9:00 till 7:00 monday mornig plowing/shoveling/salting..........and slept all day till now......:sleeping:
    First year doing snow biz.........Boy was I busy,glad it was only 1-2 inches I'm in trouble if we get anything more than 1-2 inches @ a time
    Priorty to get my other truck up and plowable...........I had two plowing last night myself and sub........ran the #'s did real well.........