1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Today's storm pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by AndyTblc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Was out plowing around 12:30 pm and then again at 8 o'clock and just got done, and have to go back out in the morning. Just thought I'd take a few pics of the truck.

snownite.jpg

snownite (1).jpg

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I heard on the news you guys are getting pounded. I saw a 50 car pile up in Grand Rapids with white out conditions. Be safe out there. Nice pictures keep them coming.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I'll try and take more tomorrow morning.
    Yeah there were accidents all over the place. The neighbor and I took a ride to the RV show, and the roads were about 40MPH, and it wasn't good. I plowed 2 times today, and will have to in the morning. So I'm making a little bit of money.

4. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Wish we got that much snow. we got about 3-4" around Lansing. I head that earlier this morning around Holland they were getting 3" per hour!

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I doubt 3 inches per hour, it may have seemed like 3 inches an hour because the wind was blowing like crazy.

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Went out this morning, I programed my alarm for 5:30, but forgot to set it, I herd the city plows go by at 6:15, so I woke up and quick left the drive at 6:30, and stayed out just long enough so I didn't have to go to church, so I needed more time, so I decided to go do my girl friends and uncles over in dorr just for S&G's.
    P.S. In the second picture, the snow is going down hill about a 4 foot drop at about a 70 degree slope.

plowsnow2.jpg

plowsnow2 (1).jpg

plowsnow2 (2).jpg

plowsnow2 (3).jpg

7. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Great pic's.
    We got around 6" up here, had everyone plowed last night now I see we had some drifting last night so you know where I'll be headed soon.

8. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

70° slope? :confused:

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Yeah , if the truck were to go down it, it would flip, it only a vertical drop of 4 feet, but it's steep. It's about the angle of a slash like this /. That driveway marker is where it starts going down hill.

10. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I didn't really believe it either, but that's what they said on the weather channel. That doesn't mean it was right though.

11. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

The weather channel is in atlanta, I doubt it was right. But as long as we got 2 inches, then I was happy, but plowed 3 times, so I'm rolling in the money.

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pictures, I am hoping I can at least get one more good storm to put the plow on my truck...

13. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I took my plow off after I got done this morning, so I'm thinking we may get some more snow.

14. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

isn't that how it always seems to happen? :)

15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well we got a trace of snow, and thats it, So I think I'll take the flashers down and go wash the truck and see what that brings me:salute:
    Only I have to wait till I'm done with school first, 3 classes 2 times a week is rough let me tell you, then a night class thursdays, and sit on the computer the other days. I'm ready for retirement.

16. progressivelawn

progressivelawn Member

lol andy

look in orange what a pimp

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics:drinkup:

18. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Thanks for pointing out my lack of detail and grammar skills. I plew her driveway.

Thanks.
    Haven't had any snow in almost a month.

19. progressivelawn

progressivelawn Member

lol go on yahoo andy